Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So... I'm back

Hello there. After two months of being on a writing hiatus, I am here again. I stopped partly because I got busy running around town and abroad, but mainly because I realized I am not into writing as much as I believed I was, or perhaps, I had writer's block. Either way, I did not like it enough to continue writing. Honestly, this realization shocks me, considering that I have always claimed and believed that writing is/was my passion.

I quit the literary org I was in, not because I disliked the people there or any of that sort (in fact, they're amazing, brilliant individuals). I quit because I just felt that it wasn't for me, after all. I really wanted it to be the group I would belong to and associate myself to, but it just didn't flow that way. Something inside me tells me that I should be somewhere else. Where is that somewhere else? I'm not sure yet.

I have been discussing matters about life with my cousin, and we have come to a conclusion that the hardest thing about life is that there is no hard and fast rule; there is no standard formula we can all just follow. There are no guarantees, and there will always be risks. So how to deal? Well, I guess... we should all just keep trying. What if we fail? Then we can laugh about it in the future (by then we are wiser).

No comments:

Post a Comment