Monday, February 7, 2011

Norwegian Wood

My guy best friend gave me the book entitled Norwegian Wood written by Haruki Murakami last year during my 20th birthday. I have been wanting to read and finish the entire book, but I only found the time to do so this year. Honestly, I was not expecting anything sentimental or emotional from Murakami, since it seemed to me that his writing style did not linger too much on the (deep) feelings of the persona.

Compared to Kafka on the Shore (another work by Murakami which I have previously read), Norwegian Wood hit me at the right spot --- enough to make my heart vulnerable to the words he wrote...

Memory is a funny thing. When I was in the scene I hardly paid it any attention. I never stopped to think of it as something that would ma
ke a lasting impression, certainly never imagined that 18 years later I would recall it in such detail.

After reading that part, I kept highlighting and highlighting and highlighting...




Beautiful. That was just absolutely beautiful. ♥

(Trivia: The song Norwegian Wood by the Beatles is a significant detail in the book. Listen to it here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment