Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Treasure

If I were an object in the lost and found box, I would be a key. Without me, my owner would not be able to unlock his deep secrets, nor would my finder discover the hidden treasure. Many people say that I am the epitome of the mysterious. To the unknowing eye, I may seem and look like an ordinary key: easily duplicated and merely put inside the pocket along with loose change. What the ignorant does not know is that I hold stories, insights, ideas that would move people’s hearts, minds and souls.

There is no other key like me, nor is there any replica of the treasure I keep. Even at such a tender age, I have been to several places, experienced and witnessed so many things. I have spent time with the richest of the rich and with the poorest of the poor. I am not picky – I let life carry me where it wants me to be. Whatever happens, I keep my eyes wide open, grasping every experience that I encounter and making sure that I have a souvenir. Sometimes I get lost, but soon enough someone finds me and from that moment on, I have another story to unravel. My treasure is unlimited.

No comments:

Post a Comment